Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Trouble, oh we got trouble, right here in Circle City!

That's trouble with a capital "T" and that rhymes with "B" and that stands for Bonds.
With gratitude to Meredith Wilson
This post is an open letter to my fellow bloggers. The time has come to back off the posts about Obama and the Bailout and things we have very little control over. I understand the need to vent, truly I do. But we have let local politics slide to such an extent that we are in danger of loosing focus on the things we can affect.
Two examples come to mind.
  1. The abolition of the township assessors. We have a golden opportunity to remove one often incompetent, level of government. Yet I see nothing on the blogs calling for a full grassroots push. I have posted on the subject. See my post of September 3, 2008, but I have yet to see anyone willing to step forward and take up the mantle of this cause. If I weren't so busy trying to oust a democrat who wants to raise your income taxes without lowering or eliminating any other taxes, I'd do it myself.
  2. The IPS bond issue. Doesn't anyone other than myself and David Orenitlicher have an opinion on this? He, a resident of Washington township living in an MSDS Washington township district wrote an op-ed piece in last Sunday's Indy Star. My rebuttal is posted here on this blog. Again am I the only one who cares? Will not some one step forward and spearhead the fight against the bond issue

These are the issues we should be blogging.

2 comments:

Chris Watts said...

See http://blog.cincorp.com/ for perspectives on the township assessor referenda and local government reform generally...

thompson said...

Hey Ed,
I came across a website that you might find interesting:

http://www.hoosiersfordemocracy.org/

It has to do with local representation.